Betty White was a great looking woman and many of her roles showcase her sexy side, though she has the girl-next-door side of her personality. Photographers, like the one who did the picture above, could fill photobooks with the many looks from her entire career, from her pre-TV days through to her latest Hollywood
Have you seen The Proposal yet – with Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, and Betty White? It’s an absolutely adorable, fun, lighthearted, and hilarious movie that I’d recommend to anyone who loves romantic comedies.
Betty White is so good in this movie, it makes you wonder why she isn’t in more films. Her next movie will be You Again in 2010 with Kristen Bell, Sigourney Weaver, and Jamie Lee Curtis (I’ve wondered for a long time what happened to this talented actress! – She’s another actress that shouldn’t even get a day off.) Kristin Chenoweth (popular Broadway actress – “Wicked”) is also in this movie.
Here’s a little more information about one of the truly great sitcom actresses ever, Betty White:
- Betty Marion White was born in Illinois in 1922.
- Betty White is best known as Sue Ann Nivens on the classic sitcom “Mary Tyler Moore” and the ditzy and adorable Rose Nylund on “The Golden Girls” (Has there ever been a funnier sitcom…ever? – What a cast!!!)
- Was a popular and frequent guest on many different game shows: Password, The Hollywood Squares, Match Game, The $10,000 Pyramid, etc. Her brains and wit made her a huge hit with the producers and viewers, alike.
- As an animal lover, one of the things I love most about Betty White is her own unwavering love for animals and her commitment to help them. She’s an avid Animal Rights activist and is a sponsor for Farm Animal Reform Movement and Friends of Animals.
- She’s of German and Greek ancestry.
- Betty White was originally considered for the role of Blanche on The Golden Girls. However, she had already been the “in your face” type, Sue Ann Nivens, on Mary Tyler Moore. Also, Rue McClanahan had played the milder Vivian on Maude. The consensus was that these two actresses should not reprise similar characters – typecasting and all that. So, Betty got the part of innocent Rose Nylund and sexy Rue played the wilder Golden Girl, Blanche.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1988. The star is next to her late husband, Allen Ludden,’s star.
- Betty White played the conniving, money-hungry Ellen Harper(and niece of Rue McClanahan – who played prudish Aunt Fran) on Mama’s Family - at the same time as they were working together on The Golden Girls in completely different roles.