Ann Sheridan and Errol Flynn
There are many film couples who made movie magic:
- Maureen O’Hara and John Wayne
- Henry Fonda and Barbara Stanwyck
- Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall
- Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire
- Ruby Dee and Sidney Poitier
- Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland
- etc etc etc…
But one of the couples I’d put on my list of favorites (right up there with the all-time greats) is one others may overlook…. Ann Sheridan and Errol Flynn. They didn’t make NEARLY enough movies together, but I absolutely cherish the few they did make – with Silver River being my favorite. Silver River (1948) was directed by the wonderful Raoul Walsh and also stars Thomas Mitchell, Tom D’Andrea (love him in this role… well, actually, I love him in everything), and Bruce Bennett.
You can find Silver River on dvd (Amazon link). I absolutely love it.
Ann Sheridan and Errol Flynn in Silver River