As an animal lover extraordinaire, my number one reason is to protect wildlife.
- According to SPREP.org, thousands (as in the 100,000 range!) of marine animal deaths are caused each year when these animals mistake plastic shopping bags in the ocean for food.
- Plastic bags that fly out of trash cans also pose huge hazards to small animals who become trapped in them.
Using reusable totes also cuts down on pollution and conserves resources – benefiting not only animals but all of us!
I currently use a big red Target reusable tote for Target (and other places, as well, as tacky as that may sound) and a few plain-looking Kroger totes for Kroger. Each time I grab my totes and take off for the store, I always wish I had one with one of my Old Hollywood favorite actresses and/or actors on it. I’d love few things more than taking them along for the trip.
I’ve been searching online for such totes and will blog about them here as I find them.
The first one I’ve turned up is this gorgeous Marilyn Monroe Reusable Tote. Oooh La La, what a beauty! And, it’s less than $10 on Amazon.
- Durable and weather resistant shopper tote
- Made from 25% recycled materials
- Handle features an 8 inch drop; Bight and bold Marilyn Monroe design
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Measures 16 x 6 x 12 inches
Click the link for more details: Marilyn Monroe Reusable Tote
I’ll write about more as I find them.