Natalie Wood, Gypsy
One of the most beautiful actresses of all time was the wonderfully talented Natalie Wood. She never ceases to amaze me when I watch her movies – whether she was a child or adult, you simply cannot look away when she’s on the screen.
Today’s Pictures of the Day are stunning promotional photos from the colorful film Gypsy (1962).
- The film is based on the Broadway hit about the life and times of burlesque dancer Gypsy Rose Lee and her aggressive, over-the-top stage mother.
- Natalie Wood is gorgeous in the role of Gypsy.
- Gypsy Rose Lee was 5′ 8,” whereas Natalie Wood was only 5′ 2.”
- Ann-Margret was the first choice to play Gypsy Lee.
- The REAL Gypsy Rose Lee visited the set and gave advice to Natalie Wood about stripping, in particular.
- Co-stars Rosalind Russell and Natalie Wood became close friends in real life.