Olivia de Havilland, The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex
First of all, I will be adding a lot more content on the old Hollywood and classic television blog in the coming year.
- More reviews of movies and classic tv shows.
- More book reviews (biographies, autobiographies, reference books, memoirs..)
- More biographical information about the stars and directors we love so much.
- More quotes from these stars and directors.
- More quotes from movies, radio shows, and classic television shows.
- More collectibles for those of us who adore them.
- More classic cartoons and animated movies – two personal obsessions that I don’t talk nearly enough about!
More content is a better way to keep the stars’ shining brightly and to encourage old Hollywood friends like you to see their films and read their biographies.
At first I considered stopping the Picture of the Day but, after thinking about it, I’m going to keep it going and simply add more content as well.
Also, about the comments. Blogs have “plugins,” little beauties that help the blogger run their blog more efficiently. One such plugin I used for years helped keep “spam” out of the comments. Unfortunately this plugin simply stopped working and I have been flooded with spam comments – so many that I can’t even see the quality ones half the time! For this reason, I have disabled comments until I can find a new plugin that actually comes to work each day!
In the meantime, if you have something you’d like to tell me, my e-mail address is to the right and on my About page and Contact Page. Also, I am always on my Hollywood Yesterday Twitter Page – if you want to discuss any film or star, I’d love to hear from you! ~ Joi (“Joy”)
Olivia De Havilland 1946 Photo Print (Amazon link)